It was at the tender age of 6 that I realized there was something altogether abnormal about me. Almost two decades later I’m still convinced that I’ll grow old to be the mysterious local eccentric with hoards of cats, and a taste for exotic plants and esoteric books.
On a daily basis you’ll find me tending to my medicinal plants, writing, researching, reading or mothering this website, which I invest a lot of love, energy and dedication into.
What I love
- Writing. I love to express what I can’t usually express verbally in words. This has resulted in more than 100 published articles so far on LonerWolf, two non-fiction books on Old Souls and cultivating Quiet Strength, and a new and upcoming fictional novel I hope to publish soon.
- Nature and gardening. Nurturing and surrounding myself with nature fills me with peace and a sense of admiration and respect for the natural world. I love collecting and cultivating medicinal herbs above all else, as they can be used to nourish and heal the body.
- Solitude. As a highly sensitive and empathic introvert I get extremely drained by excesses of external stimulation (people, places and things). I’m a delicate soul, so solitude provides the most welcome reprieve to relax and rejuvenate my heart, mind and body. Many of my deepest self-discoveries have also come in the depths of solitude.
- Authenticity. I highly value living authentically, and interacting with authentic, sincere people.
- Sacred plant and shamanic medicine. Plants are portals into other realms of consciousness. I have immense love and reverence towards the many great Plant Spirit Teachers here on earth such as ayahuasca, cannabis, mescalin and psilocybin mushrooms.
- Teaching, healing, and mentoring others. I am deeply invested in guiding as many people as I can in the process of soulful maturation and spiritual-actualization. I may teach you, but you also teach me: our relationship is one of mutual symbiosis.
- Reading far and wide. I love a good book (particularly of the obscure variety)!
- Sacred geometry. Sacred geometry reflects the perfection and divine mysteries of life. It fascinates me.
- Mystical experiences. Whether it be uniting with your spirit guide, listening to the wind, watching a spider weave its web, or experiencing Oneness with existence, mystical experiences temporarily awaken us from our dream state, and I love that.
- DIY natural skin care and raw food. The body is a temple and it only deserves the best.
- Thinking and living differently. Living wouldn’t truly be living without questioning, challenging and walking the path less traveled. The world already has enough miserable automatons with its backwards beliefs, values and standards. I love to free myself from society’s sickly constraints and walk to the beat of my own drum.
- This community. Whether you identify as an introvert, empath, loner, old soul, recluse, spiritual seeker, fairy, freethinker or fringe-dweller, your presence and your stories mean the world to me. It’s a beautiful thing to support and be supported in times of need.
- My muse, teacher, friend and partner: don Mateo Sol, a wise soul in a young body who has taught me nearly everything I know.
I was a quiet and reflective kid. I enjoyed reading stories about horses, writing my thoughts and experiences in journals, and dreaming up make-believe worlds occupied with hidden treasures and magical beings. At a very young age I grew a fondness for everything and everyone weird, which led to me quickly ending up at the bottom of the social food-chain where the colorful, irreverent and unconventional characters lurked. As a 7 year old I remember defending my friend against a pack of schoolyard bullies quoting Lion King: “Pick on someone your own size!” Now, nearly two decades later, I like to think of myself as a spokesperson for the quiet, eccentric, socially awkward, free-spirited, sore-thumbs in life.
Growing up as the eldest of four children to two fundamentalist Christian parents, I had my fair share of psychological conditioning. Among many things, I grew to be well versed in over 142 Old English hymns, The Holy Bible and over 35 different methods of indoctrination, to name just a few (… OK, maybe I’m being a bit droll here). But in the end, I always felt a deep sense of restlessness and emptiness in religion, and also as I discovered, in the material world as well. Slowly, I began to experience a mounting sense of dissatisfaction with life and at this time I began reaching out to other religions, other philosophies and other spiritual practices, reading far and wide in desperation for something of deep and fulfilling meaning. At the peak of the years of my frustration, confusion, depression and hopelessness, I met Mateo Sol, who, to this day, is my teacher, guide and partner in life. Eventually deciding to burn all bridges, I separated from my family, who to this day condemn my actions as sinful and punishable with hell-fire. Since then, I have embarked on an intense and tumultuous life-journey of growth, knowledge and self-understanding.
Many of the articles I’ve written on this website were inspired by conversations with Sol about the way of Involution, and its power to revolutionize the way in which we perceive and live life. They’re also accounts of what I’ve learned on my own personal journey towards self-mastery, and what I feel is valuable knowledge to pass on.
I hope you’ll continue to accompany me on this harrowing, yet ultimately invigorating and life-enriching journey. I thank you with all my heart for being a reader of this site, and I look forward to reading your own thoughts and experiences soon,
- Email: luna (at) lonerwolf.com