The Enneagram is a fascinating model of the human psyche. Everyone should take the test at least once in their lifetime!
Get ready to learn about your deepest strengths, weaknesses, and gifts!
How Does the Enneagram Work?
The word ‘enneagram’ is composed of the two Greek words ennéa (meaning nine) and grámma (meaning something written). And that is the crux of the enneagram: it reveals the nature of the human personality by dividing it into nine different archetypes.
The interesting thing about the Enneagram is that it possesses a number of different facets that help us to identify:
(1) what we desire more than anything else,(2) what we value the most, (3) what tempts us the most, (4) what causes us the most fear, (5) what our biggest fault is, (6) what our greatest virtue is.
The 9 Enneagram Types
The nine Enneagram types include:
- Type 1 – The Reformer
- Type 2 – The Giver
- Type 3 – The Performer
- Type 4 – The Individualist
- Type 5 – The Observer
- Type 6 – The Loyalist
- Type 7 – The Idealist
- Type 8 – The Challenger
- Type 9 – The Peacemaker
It is common to find a little bit of yourself in all nine Enneagram types. However, one or two of them should stand out for you as revealed by this test. These are your dominant personality types.
How Understanding the Enneagram Could Transform Your Life
The Enneagram Typology was first conceptualized by the mystic Gurdjieff and developed further by Oscar Ichazo and psychiatrist Claudio Naranjo.
There are several reasons why understanding your Enneagram type is so helpful:
- It helps you to become more objectively aware of your personality “blind spots”
- It assists you in developing more self-love by helping you to understand yourself more
- It encourages you to consciously work on parts of your personality that inhibit your ability to live a harmonious life
- It allows you to develop more awareness of your “higher self” (Soul) by deconstructing your personality
Keep in mind that the Enneagram is more of a system of transformation than a means of labeling and identification. But the beautiful thing about the Enneagram is that it encourages the development and liberation of the Soul underneath.
Take Our Free Enneagram Test!
Now that you have the important background information, it’s time to get started!
Find our what your Enneagram type is in our free test below. (Don’t forget to share what you got in the comments!) This is one of the best, free, and fast Enneagram quizzes out there with a description of your type at the end: